During Covid-19, Blue Wilderness is offering an incredible ‘Buy Now – Dive Later’ special. Buy your shark cage diving or shark snorkel voucher, and choose to redeem it anytime in the next three years (from purchase date). We are selling vouchers at R600 pp, an incredible saving of over 45%!
Time for a shark snorkel – Swimming with the sharks of Durban’s Aliwal Shoal? Don your wetsuit; position your mask; slip into the water for an encounter of a lifetime. Yes, you are swimming with the sharks ‘ of Durban’s famous Aliwal Shoal – face to face with a supreme predator, the shark.
Whilst we can’t all be Jacques Cousteau there is no reason for anyone to miss out on this underwater shark adventure! On Blue Wilderness’s swim with sharks adventure, you can snorkel cageless amongst 20 blacktip sharks. This means you don’t have to be SCUBA qualified to swim with sharks. In fact this trip is open to everyone, mum, dad, the kids and even gramps and gran can enjoy a cageless shark snorkel at Durban’s Aliwal Shoal. Blue Wilderness runs daily shark swimming snorkeling trips out to Durban’s Aliwal Shoal to introduce adventurers, like you, to the wonders of the marine life and sharks that inhabit the reefs. Guests can also begin in the cage, and when feeling comfortable you can venture out to ‘go cageless’.
- Mask & Fins
- Shark snorkel
- Hot shower
- Snack lunch
- Transport (500pp – min 2 pax)
- Expedition video & photos (R450 / group)
- Enjoy morning coffee or tea.
- Be fitted for wetsuit, fins and mask.
- Receive briefing on safety and shark interaction.
- Load into our transport and drive (2mins) to launch site.
- Receive briefing on launching procedure.
- Launch through the surf on an exciting surf launch.
- 30-60 minutes shark snorkel – swimming with sharks.
- Return to Blue Wilderness base.
- Enjoy showers and warm towels.
- Receive complementary lunch
- View (with option to purchase) your personalised ‘Swim with sharks’ video
- Depart for home!
Why join Blue Wilderness
Blue Wilderness gives back. Every day we collect vital citizen science data on sharks and marine life from the Aliwal Shoal
We give you options. Shark Cage diving, cageless snorkeling or SCUBA diving. We respect your level of comfort
We don’t touch and sharks don’t bite. Maintaining boundaries ensures that we stay safe and sharks are respected.
We host small shark snorkeling groups of nine or less. This ensure a highly personal and enjoyable shark adventure
From owner to crew. The Blue Wilderness team comprises many of the countries top shark experts and guides.
Since 1995, Blue Wilderness has been the pioneer of shark diving and shark adventures on Durban’s Aliwal Shoal