Skin diving is snorkeling while making breath-hold dives to observe aquatic life, up close and personal. It’s a great way to explore the underwater world when you’re not able to scuba dive or if scuba diving just isn’t your thing. The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you how to enjoy watching life below the surface and comfortably venture underwater for short visits, whether you dive in a local freshwater lake or the big blue ocean.
The PADI Skin Diver qualification allows you to represent yourself as a qualified skin diver at all PADI resorts and dive centres.
The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you about:
- How to choose, adjust and use skin diving equipment.
- Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water.
- Snorkeling and skin diving techniques including checking buoyancy, surface swimming, clearing water from your snorkel and performing effortless surface dives.
- Going on an optional skin dive at a local dive site.
To join this course:
- To enroll in a PADI Skin Diver course, you must be at least 8 years old.
- You need adequate swimming skills and comfort in the water. No prior experience is required.
THE TIME SCHEDULE
You must dedicate:
- Full Time: 1 Day
- 2 x Pool sessions
- Full equipment use
- PADI registration
- On completion of the skin divers course, you will receive a voucher to join Blue Wilderness on a complementary ‘Shark Snorkel’ totally free.
- Transport to and from Scottburgh
WHY LEARN TO SKIN-DIVE WITH BLUE WILDERNESS?
A ‘PADI’ CERTIFICATION
PADI is the global leader in diver training and the qualification is recognised worldwide. Having a PADI qualification will open up the entire world of diving adventures.
Blue Wilderness is Durban’s top rated SCUBA training and diving company. Our 450 independent reviews on Tripadvisor confirm our professionalism and client service.
Learn to dive on a world renowned reef in a conserved marine protected area. Build your passion by experiencing the full wonders of the underwater world
Blue wilderness’s instructors are some of the most experienced divers in the region. Our teams training exceeds those required by PADI international standards ensuring your safety during all training activities
All our gear is either new or fully serviced. We ensure that each and every students trains and dives in top quality kit that can be fully relied upon
Sign up to one of our SCUBA diving courses, and receive a free shark SCUBA dive on completion of the program. An incredible reward valued at over R1300.