If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
The PADI Open Water Diver qualification allows you to:
- Dive to a maximum depth of 18 metres
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
To join this course:
- You must be 10 years old or older
- You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required
THE TIME SCHEDULE
You must dedicate:
- Full Time: 3-4 Days
- Part Time: Conducted over 2 weeks , evenings and week-ends
- Open Water Touch Online Manual ( a tablet app, complete with videos and interactive training material)
Check it out here: https://www.padi.com/padi-courses/padi-open-water-diver-touch
- Instruction by an internationally certified PADI instructor
- Pool sessions (heated swimming pool)
- 4 open water sea dives at Aliwal shoal
- All equipment is supplied for the full duration of the course
- Registration with PADI (International Qualification)
- Certification Card on successful completion of the course
- Transport to and from Scottburgh
Why learn with Blue Wilderness
PADI is the global leader in diver training and the qualification is recognised worldwide. Having a PADI qualification will open up the entire world of diving adventures.
Blue Wilderness is Durban’s top rated SCUBA training and diving company. Our 700 independent reviews on Tripadvisor confirm our professionalism and client service.
Learn to dive on a world renowned reef in a conserved marine protected area. Build your passion by experiencing the full wonders of the underwater world
Blue wilderness’s instructors are some of the most experienced divers in the region. Our teams training exceeds those required by PADI international standards ensuring your safety during all training activities
All our gear is either new or fully serviced. We ensure that each and every students trains and dives in top quality kit that can be fully relied upon
Free Shark Dive
Sign up to one of our SCUBA diving courses, and receive a free shark SCUBA dive on completion of the program. An incredible reward valued at over R1300.