The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course can be taken after completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification. It’s titled PADI Advanced Open Water Diver because it advances your diving knowledge & skills.The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver qualification allows you to:
- Maximum depth of 30 meters
- Junior Advanced (12 Years): Maximum Depth of 21 meters
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course consists of:
- There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation
- You can choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
- During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving.
- The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
- The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
To join this course:
- Proof of a PADI Open Water Qualification (or an equivalent certification from another organization).
THE TIME SCHEDULE
You must dedicate:
- The 5 Dives can be completed over 2 days or spread our over a longer period of time.
- Lecture Session by an internationally certified PADI instructor
- 5 Qualifying dives (sea dives)
- Hire of Scuba Equipment for the duration of the course
- Registration with PADI International Limited
- Course materials: Digital manual
- Transport to and from Scottburgh
WHY LEARN TO SCUBA WITH BLUE WILDERNESS?
A ‘PADI’ CERTIFICATION
PADI is the global leader in diver training and the qualification is recognised worldwide. Having a PADI qualification will open up the entire world of diving adventures.
Blue Wilderness is Durban’s top rated SCUBA training and diving company. Our 450 independent reviews on Tripadvisor confirm our professionalism and client service.
Learn to dive on a world renowned reef in a conserved marine protected area. Build your passion by experiencing the full wonders of the underwater world
Blue wilderness’s instructors are some of the most experienced divers in the region. Our teams training exceeds those required by PADI international standards ensuring your safety during all training activities
All our gear is either new or fully serviced. We ensure that each and every students trains and dives in top quality kit that can be fully relied upon
Sign up to one of our SCUBA diving courses, and receive a free shark SCUBA dive on completion of the program. An incredible reward valued at over R1300.