Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
The PADI freediver qualification allows you to represent yourself as a qualified freediver at all PADI resorts and dive centres.
The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you about:
- Theory: Freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch (or your instructor may conduct class sessions).
- Pool: Learn breath hold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal: Static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 meters.
- Ocean: Free immersion and constant weight Freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal: Constant weight Freedive of 10 meters.
To join this course:
- 15 years of age
- You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health.
- No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
THE TIME SCHEDULE
You must dedicate:
- Full Time: 2-3 Days
- Part Time: 1 evening lecture & 1 week-end.
- PADI Free Diver Touch App
- Pool Sessions
- Open Water Sessions
- Full Equipment Use
- PADI Registration
- On completion of the skin divers course, you will receive a voucher to join Blue Wilderness on a complementary ‘Shark Snorkel’ totally free.
- Transport to and from Scottburgh
WHY LEARN TO FREEDIVE WITH BLUE WILDERNESS?
A ‘PADI’ CERTIFICATION
PADI is the global leader in diver training and the qualification is recognised worldwide. Having a PADI qualification will open up the entire world of diving adventures.
Blue Wilderness is Durban’s top rated SCUBA training and diving company. Our 450 independent reviews on Tripadvisor confirm our professionalism and client service.
Learn to dive on a world renowned reef in a conserved marine protected area. Build your passion by experiencing the full wonders of the underwater world
Blue wilderness’s instructors are some of the most experienced divers in the region. Our teams training exceeds those required by PADI international standards ensuring your safety during all training activities
All our gear is either new or fully serviced. We ensure that each and every students trains and dives in top quality kit that can be fully relied upon
Sign up to one of our SCUBA diving courses, and receive a free shark SCUBA dive on completion of the program. An incredible reward valued at over R1300.